Обсуждение: Ownership change doesn't change privileges

Ownership change doesn't change privileges

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
When you change the owner of a table and relacl is null, then the new
owner obtains all privileges, because the default privileges apply to the
current owner.  But when relacl is not null, the old owner retains all
privileges and the new owner has none.

Perhaps the privileges of the owner should be represented with a different
flag in the aclitem, alongside world, group, public?

Currently, changing the table ownership requires superuser privileges, so
this situation can be fixed manually.  But when groups can own tables and
users can move table ownerships between their groups (in a way to be
defined), this can be trickier.

Ideas?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Ownership change doesn't change privileges

Дата:
> Perhaps the privileges of the owner should be represented with a different
> flag in the aclitem, alongside world, group, public?

Seems reasonable to me.  It always struck me as kind of odd that the
owner's name would become explicit in the ACL as soon as you did
anything.
        regards, tom lane