Обсуждение: Last call for 7.3.2

Last call for 7.3.2

Дата:
The plan for 7.3.2 release is for Marc to wrap the tarball tomorrow and
announce on Tuesday.  I have already stamped the version number and
updated the release history in CVS, but is there anyone out there with
last-minute fixes?

In particular, is there anything that needs to be done to update the
pre-built documentation that will go into the tarball?  I'm still quite
unclear on what our build process for that is ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Last call for 7.3.2

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 14:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> The plan for 7.3.2 release is for Marc to wrap the tarball tomorrow and
> announce on Tuesday.  I have already stamped the version number and
> updated the release history in CVS, but is there anyone out there with
> last-minute fixes?

I posted a patch fixing PQcmdTuples() for some additional commands --
should that go into 7.3.2?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-01/msg00187.php

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Last call for 7.3.2

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I posted a patch fixing PQcmdTuples() for some additional commands --
> should that go into 7.3.2?

I was thinking of that as a feature addition, but you still have time
to convince me it's a bug fix ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Last call for 7.3.2

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 15:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was thinking of that as a feature addition, but you still have time
> to convince me it's a bug fix ...

IMHO, it's a bugfix, or at least fixes a notable omission: the
documented function of PQcmdTuples is that it "Returns the number of
rows affected by the SQL command."

My only reservation is that I rewrote the existing function, rather than
modifying it to support the new command tags (which is better long-term,
IMHO), but perhaps too invasive for a stable branch.

I'm happy to let you make the call on this one...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Last call for 7.3.2

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 15:15, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I was thinking of that as a feature addition, but you still have time
>> to convince me it's a bug fix ...

> IMHO, it's a bugfix, or at least fixes a notable omission: the
> documented function of PQcmdTuples is that it "Returns the number of
> rows affected by the SQL command."

Yeah, but the next sentence makes it perfectly clear which commands the
function works for.  Extending it to FETCH and MOVE is clearly a useful
extension ... but it's an extension.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Last call for 7.3.2

От
Justin Clift
Tom Lane wrote:
> The plan for 7.3.2 release is for Marc to wrap the tarball tomorrow and
> announce on Tuesday.  I have already stamped the version number and
> updated the release history in CVS, but is there anyone out there with
> last-minute fixes?
>
> In particular, is there anything that needs to be done to update the
> pre-built documentation that will go into the tarball?  I'm still quite
> unclear on what our build process for that is ...

Alex Avriette (CC'd) mentioned yesterday that he's generated patches to
make sure 7.3.x works on IRIX, as presently it won't compile with gcc.

Have prodded him to submit them _now_ for review if possible.

If not, then heck, we tried.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift