Обсуждение: Table Timemachine!

Table Timemachine!

От
Lee Kindness
Дата:
Guys,

I've been asked by a colleague about methods to keep track of
'previous' contents of a table - i.e. changes made and a way of
getting back to a previous state. Now, I know INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
triggers to maintain an accompanying table is a way to do this. But, I
have a nagging feeling that somebody has at one point put together
such a feature in a generic fashion... I thought there was a 'time
machine' module in contrib! Searches through the mailing lists have
not turned up any specific pointers.

Aanyone else remember this, and remember where? Or am I misguided and
deluded!

Thanks, Lee.

Re: [GENERAL] Table Timemachine!

Дата:
Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk> writes:
> I have a nagging feeling that somebody has at one point put together
> such a feature in a generic fashion... I thought there was a 'time
> machine' module in contrib!

contrib/spi/timetravel.*

I haven't ever tried it ...

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane writes:
 > Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk> writes:
 > > I have a nagging feeling that somebody has at one point put together
 > > such a feature in a generic fashion... I thought there was a 'time
 > > machine' module in contrib!
 > contrib/spi/timetravel.*
 > I haven't ever tried it ...

It's really quite good. Could do with an update - it uses abstime
internally and the docs refer to 'currabstime' which is no longer
around.

Nice.

Lee.

Re: [GENERAL] Table Timemachine!

Дата:
Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:

>>> contrib/spi/timetravel.*

>>> I haven't ever tried it ...

> It's really quite good. Could do with an update - it uses abstime
> internally and the docs refer to 'currabstime' which is no longer
> around.

Patches cheerfully accepted ;-)

            regards, tom lane