Обсуждение: MySQL update

MySQL update

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Not that anyone cares, but I notice in the commit logs for MySQL 4.1, it now
has subselects.

Chris

Re: MySQL update

От
Tommi Maekitalo
Дата:
Hi,

I thought MySQL is marked as obsolete since PostgreSQL 7.3 ;-)

Tommi

Am Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2002 03:55 schrieb Christopher Kings-Lynne:
> Not that anyone cares, but I notice in the commit logs for MySQL 4.1, it
> now has subselects.
>
> Chris

Dr. Eckhardt + Partner GmbH
http://www.epgmbh.de

Re: MySQL update

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 4 Dec 2002 at 8:13, Tommi Maekitalo wrote:

> I thought MySQL is marked as obsolete since PostgreSQL 7.3 ;-)

If you ask me, one should never under-estimate the compitition..No matter how
big upper hand you have..

If you want to compete in the first place, that is..

ByeShridhar

--
Ogden's Law:    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

Re: MySQL update

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Not that anyone cares, but I notice in the commit logs for MySQL 4.1, it
> now has subselects.

Any idea of which database you have to compile with MySQL to get that
functionality?  You aren't saying they actually did something for
themselves this time, are you? :)

Re: MySQL update

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier kirjutas K, 04.12.2002 kell 18:57:
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>
> > Not that anyone cares, but I notice in the commit logs for MySQL 4.1, it
> > now has subselects.

Any idea _where_ you can use them ?

i.e.is it

select a, (select b from tb) from ta;

or is it

select a from (select a from tb) as ta;

or something else.

Also, can one have correlated subqueries

select a, (select b from tb where a=ta.a) from ta;

Hannu