Обсуждение: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi guys,

Was just looking at the project page for Compiere, an Open Source
ERP+CRM solution that is usually in the top 10 most popular SourceForge
projects.

They were attempting to port Compiere from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but
have stopped (apparently) because PostgreSQL doesn't support "embedded
transations".

http://www.compiere.org/technology/independence.html

Does anyone know what they're talking about?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi

Re: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

Дата:
Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Was just looking at the project page for Compiere, an Open Source
> ERP+CRM solution that is usually in the top 10 most popular SourceForge
> projects.
>
> They were attempting to port Compiere from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but
> have stopped (apparently) because PostgreSQL doesn't support "embedded
> transations".
>
> http://www.compiere.org/technology/independence.html
>
> Does anyone know what they're talking about?

I assume it is:
BEGIN;...BEGIN;...COMMIT;COMMIT;

That thing I am trying to do for 7.4.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>Hi guys,
>>
>>Was just looking at the project page for Compiere, an Open Source
>>ERP+CRM solution that is usually in the top 10 most popular SourceForge
>>projects.
>>
>>They were attempting to port Compiere from Oracle to PostgreSQL, but
>>have stopped (apparently) because PostgreSQL doesn't support "embedded
>>transations".

Has anyone from Compiere ever contacted this list to discuss their issues? It
is an unbelievable shame that the most active open source ERP can't use an
open source database.

Joe

Re: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Joe Conway wrote:

<snip>
> Has anyone from Compiere ever contacted this list to discuss their issues? It
> is an unbelievable shame that the most active open source ERP can't use an
> open source database.

I think so, but not with zeal.

:-/

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Joe

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi

Re: Does anyone know what "embedded transactions" are?

От
Paul Ramsey
Дата:
Reading through their web page, they seem to have decided to try and
fund moving their transactional issues into the Java container instead
of getting nested transactions into PostgreSQL. It sounds retrograde and
risky, but I suppose if they carry it off, they will attain true
database independance.