Обсуждение: DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Any news about new DBD::Pg ?
It's a stopper for many projects based on perl interface
to use 7.3.
Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Any news about new DBD::Pg ?
> It's a stopper for many projects based on perl interface
> to use 7.3.

I have created a gborg project for DBD::Pg and four people have
subscribed.  I will work with them to improve the driver.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > Any news about new DBD::Pg ?
> > It's a stopper for many projects based on perl interface
> > to use 7.3.
>
> I have created a gborg project for DBD::Pg and four people have
> subscribed.  I will work with them to improve the driver.

Does this means you've taken a full responsibillity for DBD::Pg ?
What's about CPAN where people used to find DBD::Pg ?

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > > Any news about new DBD::Pg ?
> > > It's a stopper for many projects based on perl interface
> > > to use 7.3.
> >
> > I have created a gborg project for DBD::Pg and four people have
> > subscribed.  I will work with them to improve the driver.
>
> Does this means you've taken a full responsibillity for DBD::Pg ?
> What's about CPAN where people used to find DBD::Pg ?

CPAN will be updated by David Wheeler, already a member of the gborg
DBD:pg group.  He has already been assigned CPAN ownership from the
previous maintainer.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: DBD::PG - any works to be compatile with 7.3 ?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> > > I have created a gborg project for DBD::Pg and four people have
> > > subscribed.  I will work with them to improve the driver.
> >
> > Does this means you've taken a full responsibillity for DBD::Pg ?
> > What's about CPAN where people used to find DBD::Pg ?
>
> CPAN will be updated by David Wheeler, already a member of the gborg
> DBD:pg group.  He has already been assigned CPAN ownership from the
> previous maintainer.

Good. I was afraid about diverging of development. Now, I have an issue for
the driver - support of user defined types. We already have looked into sources
and think it's doable.

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

integer array, push and pop

От
"Ryan Mahoney"
Дата:
Hi Oleg (and pgsql hackers!),

Recently I encountered a problem attempting to use the integer array
function for pushing an integer onto an integer array field.

Can you write an example of a sql statement for pushing a single value onto
an integer array and for popping a specific value off of an integer array?
I see the function in the documentation, but the actual statement syntax to
use is not clear to me.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ryan Mahoney

Re: integer array, push and pop

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] + 345;     ?column?
------------------ {124,567,66,345}
(1 row)
regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] + '{345,1}'::int[];      ?column?
-------------------- {124,567,66,345,1}
(1 row)
select '{124,567,66}'::int[] - 567; ?column?
---------- {124,66}
(1 row)
regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] - '{567,66}'; ?column?
---------- {124}
(1 row)

Ryan Mahoney wrote:
> Hi Oleg (and pgsql hackers!),
>
> Recently I encountered a problem attempting to use the integer array
> function for pushing an integer onto an integer array field.
>
> Can you write an example of a sql statement for pushing a single value onto
> an integer array and for popping a specific value off of an integer array?
> I see the function in the documentation, but the actual statement syntax to
> use is not clear to me.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!
>
> Ryan Mahoney

Teodor Sigaev
teodor@stack.net

Re: integer array, push and pop

От
Ryan Mahoney
Дата:
This is excellent!  Thanks so much!

-r

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 04:07, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] + 345;
>       ?column?
> ------------------
>   {124,567,66,345}
> (1 row)
> regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] + '{345,1}'::int[];
>        ?column?
> --------------------
>   {124,567,66,345,1}
> (1 row)
> select '{124,567,66}'::int[] - 567;
>   ?column?
> ----------
>   {124,66}
> (1 row)
> regression=# select '{124,567,66}'::int[] - '{567,66}';
>   ?column?
> ----------
>   {124}
> (1 row)
>

> Ryan Mahoney wrote:
> > Hi Oleg (and pgsql hackers!),
> >
> > Recently I encountered a problem attempting to use the integer array
> > function for pushing an integer onto an integer array field.
> >
> > Can you write an example of a sql statement for pushing a single value onto
> > an integer array and for popping a specific value off of an integer array?
> > I see the function in the documentation, but the actual statement syntax to
> > use is not clear to me.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide!
> >
> > Ryan Mahoney

> > subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

> Teodor Sigaev
> teodor@stack.net

Re: integer array, push and pop

От
Ryan Mahoney
Дата:
What version of postgres are you using?  I am using PostgreSQL 7.3b1 on
i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96 and when I execute the following
statement:

select '{124,567,66}'::int[] + 345;

I get the error:

ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 0