Обсуждение: Problem with psql on Win32

Problem with psql on Win32

От
"Avishay Orpaz"
Дата:
I'm trying to run psql on Windows 2000, but it prints an error message
saying:

psql: could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested
protocol was used.(0x0000273F)

Debugging a small application I have written myself, I have discovered that
the function 'socket' inside the database connection function fails with the
error: "The specified address family is not supported".

From the cygwin environment, psql is running fine, and I have properly
installed cygipc.

Does anyone know that problem?

Thank you,
Avishay Orpaz

Re: Problem with psql on Win32

> I'm trying to run psql on Windows 2000, but it prints an error message
> saying:

> psql: could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested
> protocol was used.
>  (0x0000273F)

> Debugging a small application I have written myself, I have discovered that
> the function 'socket' inside the database connection function fails with the
> error: "The specified address family is not supported".

Try "psql -h localhost" (or set PGHOST environment variable).  I don't
think Unix-socket connections exist in Windows.
        regards, tom lane