Обсуждение: ODBC problem/question

ODBC problem/question

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
Hi,

I was just contacted by a customer about the SQLProcedureColumns call in
our odbc driver. It appears this call is undefined in the standard odbc
driver but is available in odbcplus. Could anyone please enlighten me
why this was forked and not merged into one driver? Is there a problem
when I take the odbcplus code and put it into the odbc driver?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: ODBC problem/question

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Michael,

There are currently 3 variants of the driver.

PostgreSQL - This is the current ODBC 2.5 compliant driver.
PostgreSQL+ - This is a development version that is ODBC 3.0 compliant.
PostgreSQL+ Unicode - This is PostgreSQL+ with Unicode support.

We are aiming for PostgreSQL+ Unicode to be the only driver as soon as
possible, but due to the way ODBC3 and Unicode support were added (ie.
quickly, to solve immediate problems), we (Hiroshi & I) felt it was best
to keep them seperate until we were sure of their reliability.

Currently, PostgreSQL+ seems pretty good as, does the Unicode version,
though that is still missing some features iirc.

HTH, Regards, Dave.