Обсуждение: Adding attisdropped

Adding attisdropped

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Hi,

I've attached the changes I've made to pg_attribute.h - I can't see what's
wrong but whenever I do an initdb it fails:

initdb -D /home/chriskl/local/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "chriskl".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data... ok
creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/base... ok
creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/global... ok
creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /home/chriskl/local/data/base/1...
initdb failed.
Removing /home/chriskl/local/data.

Chris

Вложения

Re: Adding attisdropped

Дата:
> I've attached the changes I've made to pg_attribute.h - I can't see what's
> wrong but whenever I do an initdb it fails:

Did you change the relnatts entry in pg_class.h for pg_attribute?

More generally, run initdb with -d or -v or whatever its debug-output
switch is, and look at the last few lines to see the actual error.
(Caution: this may produce megabytes of output.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Adding attisdropped

Дата:
Seems we may not need isdropped, so I will hold on evaluating this.

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've attached the changes I've made to pg_attribute.h - I can't see what's
> wrong but whenever I do an initdb it fails:
>
> initdb -D /home/chriskl/local/data
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "chriskl".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>
> creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data... ok
> creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/base... ok
> creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/global... ok
> creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/pg_xlog... ok
> creating directory /home/chriskl/local/data/pg_clog... ok
> creating template1 database in /home/chriskl/local/data/base/1...
> initdb failed.
> Removing /home/chriskl/local/data.
>
> Chris

[ Attachment, skipping... ]