Обсуждение: Selectively compile psql

Selectively compile psql

От
Samik Raychaudhuri
Дата:
Hello,
This is a re-post, as it seems the mail didn't appear.
I want to recompile only psql with the readline library. When I
installed PG, GNU readline package was not there. Now db is running
fine, and I don't want to disturb it. I tried doing this but things
got messed up. Can anybody point me to the brief steps to do this.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
-Samik

Re: [GENERAL] Selectively compile psql

От
Holger Marzen
Дата:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Samik Raychaudhuri wrote:

> This is a re-post, as it seems the mail didn't appear.
> I want to recompile only psql with the readline library. When I
> installed PG, GNU readline package was not there. Now db is running
> fine, and I don't want to disturb it. I tried doing this but things
> got messed up. Can anybody point me to the brief steps to do this.

I had the same problem. I simply compiled the whole postgres stuff but
didn't "make install". Instead I copied psql to /home/pgsql/bin
manually.