Обсуждение: adding regression tests for PLs

adding regression tests for PLs

От
Brent Verner
Дата:
We /really/ need to add regression tests for the PLs if it is at
all possible.

Does it make sense to sed the $with_tcl, $with_perl, and $with_python
values into the pg_regress script after modifying it to to
"createlang" the appropriate language when the corresponing with_lang
option is "yes", then add the test name to $extra_tests.

This is basically how we handle plpgsql in the tests, except that
plpgsql is not run as an $extra_test.  It makes more sense to use
the $extra_tests facility for the optional PLs.

thanks. brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman

Re: adding regression tests for PLs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Brent Verner writes:

> We /really/ need to add regression tests for the PLs if it is at
> all possible.

Yes.

> Does it make sense to sed the $with_tcl, $with_perl, and $with_python
> values into the pg_regress script after modifying it to to
> "createlang" the appropriate language when the corresponing with_lang
> option is "yes", then add the test name to $extra_tests.

That sounds reasonable.  In the next release we'll probably end up having
all configured languages installed by default, so you don't need to worry
about the createlang part too much.

If you want to start designing test cases, feel free.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: adding regression tests for PLs

Дата:
> If you want to start designing test cases, feel free.

Note there already is a pltcl test in src/pl/tcl/test.
Pretty basic probably, but you might as well start with that.
        regards, tom lane