Обсуждение: TODO question

TODO question

От
"Pavlo Baron"
Дата:
This TODO-item "SELECT col FROM tab WHERE numeric_col = 10.1 fails, requires
quotes" - is it already fixed? I executed smth. like

select * from tab2 where dpcol = 10.1;

and it returns a record containing this value in the double precision column
"dpcol".

rgds
Pavlo Baron

Re: TODO question

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> This TODO-item "SELECT col FROM tab WHERE numeric_col = 10.1 fails, requires
> quotes" - is it already fixed? ...

thomas=# create table t3 (n numeric);
CREATE
thomas=# select * from t3 where n = 10.1;
ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and
'double precision'You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast
thomas=# select * from t3 where n = '10.1';n
---
(0 rows)

                  - Thomas

Re: TODO question

От
"Pavlo Baron"
Thomas Lockhart:
> > This TODO-item "SELECT col FROM tab WHERE numeric_col = 10.1 fails,
requires
> > quotes" - is it already fixed? ...
>
> thomas=# create table t3 (n numeric);
> CREATE
> thomas=# select * from t3 where n = 10.1;
> ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and
> 'double precision'
> You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast
> thomas=# select * from t3 where n = '10.1';
> ---
> (0 rows)

oops, I should clean my eyeballs: my test case was:

create table t3 (n double precision);
select * from t3 where n = 10.1;
---
(0 rows)

the problem lies in the numeric field - let's see, if I find out where to
fix it

rgds
Pavlo Baron