Обсуждение: ADD PRIMARY KEY and ADD UNIQUE

ADD PRIMARY KEY and ADD UNIQUE

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Hi,

Tom - you mentioned recently that your changes to the parser mean that my
add unique code is deprecated.  You also mentioned that your changes will
make ADD PRIMARY KEY also work.

If that is true, then the fact that both of these work should be put in the
HISTORY file (ADD UNIQUE already is) and documented on the ALTER TABLE docs.
This should probably be done before a release.

Also, I don't know if this should be done so late in the cycle, but the ADD
UNIQUE regression test I added should probably be copied as an ADD PRIMARY
KEY regression test...

Chris

Re: ADD PRIMARY KEY and ADD UNIQUE

Дата:
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tom - you mentioned recently that your changes to the parser mean that my
> add unique code is deprecated.  You also mentioned that your changes will
> make ADD PRIMARY KEY also work.
>
> If that is true, then the fact that both of these work should be put in the
> HISTORY file (ADD UNIQUE already is) and documented on the ALTER TABLE docs.
> This should probably be done before a release.

Added to HISTORY and release.sgml.  I don't see any mention in
alter_table.sgml.

> Also, I don't know if this should be done so late in the cycle, but the ADD
> UNIQUE regression test I added should probably be copied as an ADD PRIMARY
> KEY regression test...

Can you send over a patch?  I am not sure what you are suggesting here.

Pennsylvania19026