Обсуждение: Re: CVS access problem

Re: CVS access problem

От
Arne Weiner
Дата:
The location of the cvs repository recently changed. It is know
accessible as
:pserver:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot

Your commandline for an initial login should be:$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login

Arne Weiner.

"news.grapid1.mi.home.com" wrote:

> I'm following the instructions on the web site which say's:
> Do an initial login to the CVS server:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot login
>
> You will be prompted for a password; enter 'postgresql'. You should only
> need to do this once, since the password will be saved in .cvspass in your
> home directory.
> This doesn't seem to work.  Is there something else I should use instead?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Re: CVS access problem

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> The location of the cvs repository recently changed. It is know
> accessible as
>
>     :pserver:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot
>
> Your commandline for an initial login should be:
>
>     $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login
>
> Arne Weiner.

I'm trying that exact command line above but I get this:

Fatal error, aborting.
anoncvs: no such user
cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.postgresql.org rejected access
to /cvs
root for user anoncvs

Chris

Re: CVS access problem

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
anoncvs.postgresql.org, not cvs.postgresql.org ... Arne posted the wrong
one :(

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > The location of the cvs repository recently changed. It is know
> > accessible as
> >
> >     :pserver:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot
> >
> > Your commandline for an initial login should be:
> >
> >     $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login
> >
> > Arne Weiner.
>
> I'm trying that exact command line above but I get this:
>
> Fatal error, aborting.
> anoncvs: no such user
> cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.postgresql.org rejected access
> to /cvs
> root for user anoncvs
>
> Chris

Re: CVS access problem

От
Arne Weiner
Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

> anoncvs.postgresql.org, not cvs.postgresql.org ... Arne posted the wrong
> one :(

Whoops! I'm sorry, I overlooked that!

Arne Weiner.