Обсуждение: how to extend the catalog?

how to extend the catalog?

От
"kevin"
Дата:
Hi,

I want to extend the catalog, i think the key is
pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h

is it enough:

1. add pg_xxx.h
2.modify pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h, catname.h,   indexing.h, indexing.c, Makefile

i tried once, it was ok when target to template. but like a mess
when target to global.

what is the thing.

Re: how to extend the catalog?

Дата:
"kevin" <wangky@wesec.com> writes:
> I want to extend the catalog,

What do you want to do *exactly*?

> is it enough:
> 1. add pg_xxx.h
> 2.modify pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h, catname.h,
>    indexing.h, indexing.c, Makefile

You shouldn't need to touch pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h,
unless you are hacking one of the bootstrapped system tables or adding
a new table that has to be known to the bootstrapper.
        regards, tom lane

Re: how to extend the catalog?

От
"kevin"
Дата:
Yes, that is what i want to do.

In fact, i want to add some audit function,like some other comercial db.
Do you think it is a good idea?

So, i think 2 system tables are needed, one for recording audit and the
other for defining audit event. The 2 system table should be created when
initdb.

And, i think it may have 4 places to add codes to handle audit.
logon, logoff, executor, error.

And, i don't know if it is necessary to change query structure.

Yes, That is what i want to do, i will do it, i need your help.
        regards, kevin

> What do you want to do *exactly*?
>
> You shouldn't need to touch pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h,
> unless you are hacking one of the bootstrapped system tables or adding a
> new table that has to be known to the bootstrapper.

Re: how to extend the catalog?

От
"kevin"
Дата:
Yes, that is what i want to do.

In fact, i want to add some audit function,like some other comercial db.
Do you think it is a good idea?

So, i think 2 system tables are needed, one for recording audit and the
other for defining audit event. The 2 system table should be created when
initdb.

And, i think it may have 4 places to add codes to handle audit.
logon, logoff, executor, error.

And, i don't know if it is necessary to change query structure.

Yes, That is what i want to do, i will do it, i need your help.
        regards, kevin

> What do you want to do *exactly*?
>
> You shouldn't need to touch pg_attribute.h, pg_class.h, pg_type.h,
> unless you are hacking one of the bootstrapped system tables or adding a
> new table that has to be known to the bootstrapper.

Re: how to extend the catalog?

От
"kevin"
Дата: