Обсуждение: UNDO and partially commited transactions

UNDO and partially commited transactions

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
I was reading the WAL documentation, and found out that UNDO is going to let
PostgreSQL allow to make partial rollbacks on invalid transactions.

What does this exactly mean? Does it mean that if I have 6 Inserts in between
a begin work - commit work some will get through and the ones with errors no?

Saludos... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.

Re: UNDO and partially commited transactions

Дата:
> I was reading the WAL documentation, and found out that UNDO is going to let
> PostgreSQL allow to make partial rollbacks on invalid transactions.

We already "undo" aborted transactions, but without using the WAL log.
Not sure if we will ever add that feature to WAL.

> What does this exactly mean? Does it mean that if I have 6 Inserts in between
> a begin work - commit work some will get through and the ones with errors no?

No, they all fail.  No worries.

Pennsylvania19026