Обсуждение: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

От
Fernando Nasser
Дата:
Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the current CVS sources and "make check" ends up with one
failure.  My regression.diffs shows:

*** ./expected/join.out Thu Dec 14 17:30:45 2000
--- ./results/join.out  Mon Apr 23 20:23:15 2001
***************
*** 1845,1851 **** -- UNION JOIN isn't implemented yet SELECT '' AS "xxx", *   FROM J1_TBL UNION JOIN J2_TBL;
! ERROR:  UNION JOIN is not implemented yet -- -- Clean up --
--- 1845,1851 ---- -- UNION JOIN isn't implemented yet SELECT '' AS "xxx", *   FROM J1_TBL UNION JOIN J2_TBL;
! ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "JOIN" -- -- Clean up --

Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario   M4P 2C9

Re: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

Дата:
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> Is anyone else seeing this?

No.

> I have the current CVS sources and "make check" ends up with one
> failure.  My regression.diffs shows:

I think you must have built gram.c with a broken bison or yacc.  What
exactly is configure picking, and what version is it?
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> > Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> No.
>
> > I have the current CVS sources and "make check" ends up with one
> > failure.  My regression.diffs shows:
>
> I think you must have built gram.c with a broken bison or yacc.  What
> exactly is configure picking, and what version is it?

Yes you are right.

With:

[12:03:04] > flex -V
flex version 2.5.4
[12:03:08] > bison -V
GNU Bison version 1.28

it fails, but using older versions of flex and bison the regression goes
away:

[12:05:30] > flex -V
flex Cygnus version 2.5-gnupro-99r1

[12:05:34] > bison -V
GNU Bison version 1.25

Thank you very much.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario   M4P 2C9

Re: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

Дата:
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think you must have built gram.c with a broken bison or yacc.  What
>> exactly is configure picking, and what version is it?

> Yes you are right.

> With:

> [12:03:04] > flex -V
> flex version 2.5.4
> [12:03:08] > bison -V
> GNU Bison version 1.28

> it fails, but using older versions of flex and bison the regression goes
> away:

> [12:05:30] > flex -V
> flex Cygnus version 2.5-gnupro-99r1

> [12:05:34] > bison -V
> GNU Bison version 1.25

Er, surely you stated that backwards?  flex 2.5.4 and bison 1.28 are
what all of the developers use, AFAIK (I know that's what I have
anyway).  bison 1.25 might well have some problems though...
        regards, tom lane