Обсуждение: row name length

row name length

От
Adam Rose
Дата:
I noticed in the documentation that row length is unlimited.  I think I
took that to mean row name length is now unlimited.  But, row
name length still appears to be set to a static width.  Do I still need to
recompile postgres to get 64 character row headers?

Postgres 7.1 RPMS
Redhat 6.2

Help is always appreciated

--
Adam Rose

Re: row name length

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Adam Rose writes:

> I noticed in the documentation that row length is unlimited.  I think I
> took that to mean row name length is now unlimited.  But, row

You took that wrong...

> name length still appears to be set to a static width.  Do I still need to
> recompile postgres to get 64 character row headers?

Yes.

Re: row name length

От
Adam Rose
Дата:
Thanks for you help

--
Adam Rose

Re: row name length

От
Adam Rose
Дата:
Just a question, where is NAMEDATALEN now in 7.1, I didn't see it in
postgres.h.  If this is no longer used to change column name length, what
is? Your help is appreciated.

-
Adam Rose

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

От
Fernando Nasser
Дата:
Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the current CVS sources and "make check" ends up with one
failure.  My regression.diffs shows:

*** ./expected/join.out Thu Dec 14 17:30:45 2000
--- ./results/join.out  Mon Apr 23 20:23:15 2001
***************
*** 1845,1851 **** -- UNION JOIN isn't implemented yet SELECT '' AS "xxx", *   FROM J1_TBL UNION JOIN J2_TBL;
! ERROR:  UNION JOIN is not implemented yet -- -- Clean up --
--- 1845,1851 ---- -- UNION JOIN isn't implemented yet SELECT '' AS "xxx", *   FROM J1_TBL UNION JOIN J2_TBL;
! ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "JOIN" -- -- Clean up --

Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario   M4P 2C9

Re: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "JOIN"

От
Fernando Nasser
Дата:
Please disregard this.  This message was held by Majordomo for a couple
of days and I have already resent it.

Tom Lane has already solved my problem (I had a miscompiled version of
bison in my machine).

Regards to all,
Fernando

--