Обсуждение: Re: Re: [BUG?] tgconstrrelid doesn't survive a dump/restore

Re: Re: [BUG?] tgconstrrelid doesn't survive a dump/restore

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Philip Warner wrote:
> At 08:42 19/04/01 -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
> [...]
> >    and  the required
> >    feature to correctly restore the tgconstrrelid is already  in
> >    the  backend,  so  pg_dump  should make use of it
>
> No problem there - just tell me how...
   Add  a  "FROM <opposite-relname>" after the "ON <relname>" to   the CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statements. That's
it.

Jan

Re: Re: [BUG?] tgconstrrelid doesn't survive a dump/restore

От
Philip Warner
Дата:
At 11:29 20/04/01 -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
>Philip Warner wrote:
>> At 08:42 19/04/01 -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
>> >    and  the required
>> >    feature to correctly restore the tgconstrrelid is already  in
>> >    the  backend,  so  pg_dump  should make use of it
>>
>> No problem there - just tell me how...
>
>    Add  a  "FROM <opposite-relname>" after the "ON <relname>" to
>    the CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statements. That's it.

I'll make the change ASAP.

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Re: Re: [BUG?] tgconstrrelid doesn't survive a dump/restore

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Philip Warner wrote:

> At 11:29 20/04/01 -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
> >Philip Warner wrote:
> >>
> >> No problem there - just tell me how...
> >
> >    Add  a  "FROM <opposite-relname>" after the "ON <relname>" to
> >    the CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statements. That's it.
> >

> I'll make the change ASAP.

Woo-hoo! Thanks.

I posted a plpgsql script yesterday that tries to restore the name if it's
already been lost to a dump/restore cycle.

It would be a more robust solution if, instead of relying on pgconstrname,
I could get into the trigger arguments. However, these does not seem to be
any way for me to do this from plpgsql, as the functions for manipulating
bytea fields aren't very useful for this, an I can't coerce bytea into
text or anything like that.

Can anyone offer help on this? If I can get into the real args, I'll fix
up the script so that it can be run once by the people w/o tgconstrrelid,
and then, once Philip's done his work, we'll never lose it again! :-)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

pg_dump & 7.0

От
Philip Warner

>>    Add  a  "FROM <opposite-relname>" after the "ON <relname>" to
>>    the CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER statements. That's it.
>>

>I'll make the change ASAP.

I'm about to do this - does anyone object to me adding the 7.0 backward
compatibility changes at the same time?

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Re: Re: [BUG?] tgconstrrelid doesn't survive a dump/restore

От
Philip Warner

>I'll make the change ASAP.

Now in CVS along with PG 7.0 compat. code.