Обсуждение: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
I packaged up an RC2 over the weekend, and pretty much as soon as I had it
packaged and in place, before I could announce it, there were several
patches thrown in ... so, I left it there, let anyone who happened to see
it pick it up, but didn't announce it ...

Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned, for the past
24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce) an solid RC3 tonight,
with announce first thing tomorrow morning, unless anyone has anythign
they aer sitting on?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

logging is funny...

От
"Fouad Fezzi"
Дата:
I just have to setup a trong logging of users postgres activity using php
script.

It's work well and my disk is going full quickly.
i have a file like this

{ TARGETENTRY        :resdom           { RESDOM           :resno 2           :restype 1043           :restypmod 24
    :resname "abrev_formation"           :reskey 0           :reskeyop 0           :resgroupref 0           :resjunk
false          }

it's to hard to exploit this file to extract a user and machine from where
they work.

Some help for managing logging

Fouad  Fezzi

Re: logging is funny...

Дата:
There is an ELOG_TIMESTAMPS options and some others in include/config.h or
include/config.h.in.  I think that is where you get the pid of the
backend and stuff.  I agree it needs more detail, at least the process
id.

> I just have to setup a trong logging of users postgres activity using php
> script.
>
> It's work well and my disk is going full quickly.
> i have a file like this
>
> { TARGETENTRY
>          :resdom
>             { RESDOM
>             :resno 2
>             :restype 1043
>             :restypmod 24
>             :resname "abrev_formation"
>             :reskey 0
>             :reskeyop 0
>             :resgroupref 0
>             :resjunk false
>             }
>
> it's to hard to exploit this file to extract a user and machine from where
> they work.
>
> Some help for managing logging
>

> Fouad  Fezzi

Pennsylvania19026

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned, for the past
> 24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce) an solid RC3 tonight,
> with announce first thing tomorrow morning, unless anyone has anythign
> they aer sitting on?

I think we've got to remove that failing horology test before we wrap RC3.
        regards, tom lane

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned, for the past
> > 24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce) an solid RC3 tonight,
> > with announce first thing tomorrow morning, unless anyone has anythign
> > they aer sitting on?
>
> I think we've got to remove that failing horology test before we wrap RC3.

can we comment out the test for now, so that its still in there, but not
tested?  or is there absolutely non way that we can fix that in the long
term?

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think we've got to remove that failing horology test before we wrap RC3.

> can we comment out the test for now, so that its still in there, but not
> tested?  or is there absolutely non way that we can fix that in the long
> term?

Commenting it out was the only idea that I had.  Maybe Thomas has a
better idea, though.
        regards, tom lane

RE: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
"Mikheev, Vadim"
Дата:
> Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned,
> for the past 24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce)
> an solid RC3 tonight, with announce first thing tomorrow morning,
> unless anyone has anythign they aer sitting on?

We still have opened report about losing files after backend
crash... No new input from Konstantin -:(
I'll run some tests...

Vadim

RE: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:

> > Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned,
> > for the past 24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce)
> > an solid RC3 tonight, with announce first thing tomorrow morning,
> > unless anyone has anythign they aer sitting on?
>
> We still have opened report about losing files after backend
> crash... No new input from Konstantin -:(

if not easily recreateable, we can leave that one as somethign for v7.1.1

> I'll run some tests...

then again, if it is easily recreatable ...  :)

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
I've got patches for the regression tests to work around the "time with
time zone" DST problem. Will apply to the tree asap, and will post a
message when that is done.
                      - Thomas

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:
> Everything has been quiet, as far as patches are concerned,
> for the past 24+hrs ... I'd like to roll (and actually announce)
> an solid RC3 tonight, with announce first thing tomorrow morning,
> unless anyone has anythign they aer sitting on?
>>
>> We still have opened report about losing files after backend
>> crash... No new input from Konstantin -:(

I'd suggest we go ahead and roll RC3.  There's no way to tell how long
it might take to diagnose Konstantin's report, and the other issues we
had seem to be closed out at the moment.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I've got patches for the regression tests to work around the "time with
> time zone" DST problem. Will apply to the tree asap, and will post a
> message when that is done.

Sounds cool ... I'll scheduale an RC3 then, around that bug being fixed

Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
Mathijs Brands
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:56:27AM -0400, Tom Lane allegedly wrote:
> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I think we've got to remove that failing horology test before we wrap RC3.
>
> > can we comment out the test for now, so that its still in there, but not
> > tested?  or is there absolutely non way that we can fix that in the long
> > term?
>
> Commenting it out was the only idea that I had.  Maybe Thomas has a
> better idea, though.

Why not work with a maximum error in the regression tests? For instance,
allow a small difference after the 8th digit? That would pick out the
real bugs and let the round-off errors pass, right?

Mathijs
--
It's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
rewards idiotic behavior in a way that no other language or tool has

Re: Re: All's quiet ... RC3 packaging ...

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
On Thursday 05 April 2001 00:41, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> I've got patches for the regression tests to work around the "time with
> time zone" DST problem. Will apply to the tree asap, and will post a
> message when that is done.

Is RC3 going out or should I think about RC2?

Saludos... ;-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.