Обсуждение: subselect bug?

subselect bug?

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
While below is ok:

select * from table_a a   where (select data_a from table_a where id = a.id) >         (select data_b from table_a
whereid = a.id);

but this fails:

select * from table_a a   where ((select data_a from table_a where id = a.id) >          (select data_b from table_a
whereid = a.id));

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ">"

Does anybody know why?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: subselect bug?

Дата:
> select * from table_a a
>     where ((select data_a from table_a where id = a.id) >
>            (select data_b from table_a where id = a.id));

> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ">"

Ugh.  The grammar does some pretty squirrely things with parentheses
around selects, and I guess it's getting confused on this.  Don't
know why offhand ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: subselect bug?

Дата:
> select * from table_a a
>     where ((select data_a from table_a where id = a.id) >
>            (select data_b from table_a where id = a.id));
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ">"

I think I finally got this right ... see if you can break the revised
grammar I just committed ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: subselect bug?

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> > select * from table_a a
> >     where ((select data_a from table_a where id = a.id) >
> >            (select data_b from table_a where id = a.id));
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ">"
>
> I think I finally got this right ... see if you can break the revised
> grammar I just committed ...

Thanks. Works fine now.
--
Tatsuo Ishii