Обсуждение: Re: About PQsetClientEncoding(),"SET NAMES",and "SETCLIENT_ENCODING"

Re: About PQsetClientEncoding(),"SET NAMES",and "SETCLIENT_ENCODING"

От
Kevin Lo
Дата:
C.C. Hsieh wrote:

> Tatsuo Ishii  wrote:
>
> > Here are the patches I promised against PHP
> > 3.0.15 or later.
> >
> > To set the client encoding to BIG5:
> >
> > pg_setclientencoding($cid, "BIG5");
> >
> >   ($cid is the connection id)
> >
> > To get the current client encoding:
> >
> > pg_clientencoding($cid);
> >
> > Note that these fucntions are already included in the latest PHP4.
>
> Thank you!
> Your README.mb has been translate into Chinese (Big5 encoding) in the
> attachement.
> Would someone like to review it?

Reviewed. No problem :-)
Would anyone commit it? Thanks.

> After translating it, I still have one question: (Sorry, I have not read the
> source code.)
> What is the difference among "libpq  -- PQsetClientEncoding()",
> "SQL command  -- SET NAMES", and
> "SQL command -- SET CLIENT_ENCODING"?
> For example: If we use PHP (>4.0.2),  which way is correct or mostly correct?
>
> 1. pg_setclientencoding($cid, "BIG5")
> 2. pg_exec("SET NAMES 'BIG5'")
> 3. pg_exec("SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'BIG5'")
>
> --
> Chih-Chang Hsieh

- Kevin

Re: About PQsetClientEncoding(),"SET NAMES",and "SETCLIENT_ENCODING"

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Reviewed. No problem :-)
> Would anyone commit it? Thanks.

Is this something to commit to the source tree, or something to post on
the postgresql.org web site? We may as well get it on the web site in
either case. Vince?
                     - Thomas