Обсуждение: how to access backend pid from libpq ?

how to access backend pid from libpq ?

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
I was unable to find the way to access the backend pid from libpq

It is probably saved somewhere as part of BackendKeyData message
but there seems to be no function to access it ?

I'm using a temporary solution (my own 'C' function) but I'd like
to use the info already received.

---------------
Hannu

Re: how to access backend pid from libpq ?

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> I was unable to find the way to access the backend pid from libpq
>
> It is probably saved somewhere as part of BackendKeyData message
> but there seems to be no function to access it ?
>
> I'm using a temporary solution (my own 'C' function) but I'd like
> to use the info already received.

Ok, I found it from the libpq source: PQbackendPID

I still think it could be documented ;)

----------------
Hannu

Re: how to access backend pid from libpq ?

Дата:
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> I was unable to find the way to access the backend pid from libpq
extern int      PQbackendPID(const PGconn *conn);
        regards, tom lane

Re: Re: how to access backend pid from libpq ?

Дата:
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> Ok, I found it from the libpq source: PQbackendPID

> I still think it could be documented ;)

It is.

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > Ok, I found it from the libpq source: PQbackendPID
>
> > I still think it could be documented ;)
>
> It is.

Strange how one starts to find things when you are told they are there
;)

I could have sworn that doing grep PQbackendPID over libpq.sgml in fresh
REL7_0_PATCHES returned zero rows before I posted .

Sorry for panicing.

Hannu