Обсуждение: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

От
Matthew
Дата:
> [...]
> create user foo1;
> CREATE USER
> create user foo2;
> CREATE USER
> create user foo3;
> CREATE USER
> select * from pg_user;
>  usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |
> passwd  | valuntil
> ----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+-----------+----
> ------+----------
>  postgres |       26 | t           | t        | t        | t         |
> ******** |
>  foo1     |       27 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
>  foo2     |       28 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
>  foo3     |       29 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
> (4 rows)
>
> create group test1;
> CREATE GROUP
> select * from pg_group;
>  groname | grosysid | grolist
> ---------+----------+---------
>  test1   |        1 |
> (1 row)
>
> alter group test1 add user foo1,foo2,foo3;
> ALTER GROUP
> select * from pg_user;
>  usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |
> passwd  | valuntil
> ----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+-----------+----
> ------+----------
>  postgres |       26 | t           | t        | t        | t         |
> ******** |
>  foo1     |       27 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
>  foo2     |       28 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
>  foo3     |       29 | f           | f        | f        | f         |
> ******** |
> (4 rows)
>
> select * from pg_group;
>  groname | grosysid |  grolist
> ---------+----------+------------
>  test1   |        1 | {27,28,29}
> (1 row)
>
> ls -l ./data/pg_group
> -rw-------    1 postgres postgres     8192 Oct 17 20:27 ./data/pg_group
> drop user foo1,foo2;
> DROP USER
> ls -l ./data/pg_group
> -rw-------    1 postgres postgres    24576 Oct 17 20:27 ./data/pg_group
> select * from pg_user;
>  usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |
> passwd  | valuntil
> ----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+-----------+----
> ------+----------
>  postgres |       26 | t           | t        | t        | t         |
> ******** |
>  foo3     |       29 | f           | f        | f        | f         |

-rw-------    1 postgres postgres 438386688 Oct 17 20:27 ./data/pg_group
bash-2.04$

(as you can see, psql was not responding after the last drop user, I hit
control-c and is said Cancel request sent, but psql never returned to a
prompt, so I had to kill -9 the postmaster.

Re: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

Дата:
Matthew <matt@ctlno.com> writes:
>> I think we have found a bug in postgresql 7.0.2.

Bug confirmed --- on a compilation with Asserts enabled, this sequence
causes an assert failure during update of pg_group_name_index in the
DROP USER command, in both 7.0.* and current sources.  I ran out of
steam before finding the cause, but something's pretty busted here...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

Дата:
Matthew <matt@ctlno.com> writes:
>> Anyway, any comments?  Can anyone else repeat this? I hope this is easy to
>> fix.  I guess the quick fix is to disallow multiple users to be specified
>> in the drop user command.

The correct fix is CommandCounterIncrement() in the DROP USER loop,
so that later iterations can see the changes made by prior iterations.
Without, death and destruction ensue if any of the users are in the
same groups, because the later AlterGroup calls fail.

Fixed in current and back-patched for 7.0.3.
        regards, tom lane

RE: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

От
Matthew
>From: Tom Lane
>Fixed in current and back-patched for 7.0.3.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Should I check out the current pre 7.0.3 CVS and test?  If so I think you
gave the CVS information in a few previous emails on the hackers list so I
will look there for it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Matt O'Connor

RE: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

От
Matthew
Дата:

Since postgre now suppport referential integrity and cascading deletes,
wouldn't it make more sense to use that code to manage the relationship
between pg_user and pg_group (and probably a wealth of other system tables),
rather then having to write specific code to manage every relationship
between system tables, or are those types of constraints just not applicable
to system tables?

Re: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

Дата:
Matthew <matt@ctlno.com> writes:
> Should I check out the current pre 7.0.3 CVS and test?

Sure, the more the merrier ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Postgre7.0.2 drop user bug

Дата:
Matthew <matt@ctlno.com> writes:
>> The correct fix is CommandCounterIncrement() in the DROP USER loop,
>> so that later iterations can see the changes made by prior iterations.

> Since postgre now suppport referential integrity and cascading deletes,
> wouldn't it make more sense to use that code to manage the relationship
> between pg_user and pg_group (and probably a wealth of other system tables),

Dunno if it's worth the trouble to change.  Certainly this particular
bug would still be a bug, whether the cascaded deletion is done "by hand"
or not.
        regards, tom lane