Обсуждение: Version data type.

Version data type.

От
Ashley Cambrell
Дата:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has already created a version data type where
1.100 > 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.01  etc...

I don't want to reinvent the wheel...

I was thinking that an array with a '.' as the delimeter would work
best, but I don't know how ORDER BY 's work on arrays....

Thank You

Ashley Cambrell

Re: Version data type. - DONE

От
Ashley Cambrell
Дата:
Hello all,

I thought I would give it a try anyways...

This data type is based on Garrett A. Wollman isbn / issn code

It can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.freaky-namuh.com/pub/devel/Postgresql/version_number/version_number-0.2.tar.gz

The README file explains most of it.

It's not perfect, but it's still useful...  (and I don't know enough
about Postgres's internals to know if it's "done right" (tm).)

Ashley Cambrell