Обсуждение: Cannot compile

Cannot compile

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
I just did a cvsup to get up-to-date again after I hadn't found time to work
on ecpg for some months and found out that I cannot even compile anymore:

make[3]: Entering directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
gcc -MM -I../../../src/include  -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-error *.c >depend
analyze.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
analyze.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
keywords.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
parse_clause.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
parse_expr.c:24: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
parse_func.c:32: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
parse_oper.c:25: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
parser.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
scan.l:30: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [depend] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
make[2]: *** [parser/parse.h] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

And so on.

What's going on?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: Cannot compile

Дата:
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> What's going on?

I'd suggest a full "make distclean" and reconfigure.  Looks like you
missed some build steps, which is maybe not too surprising considering
that Peter has extensively revised the Makefile tree.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Cannot compile

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
It might be that `make depend' is broken in one way or another. What you
want to do is rm `find . -name depend` and then ./configure
--enable-depend. Or you could try to rerun make depend then. I have a
feeling what is causing this but it's too weird to explain but I'll try to
look at it. ;-)

Michael Meskes writes:

> I just did a cvsup to get up-to-date again after I hadn't found time to work
> on ecpg for some months and found out that I cannot even compile anymore:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> gcc -MM -I../../../src/include  -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-error *.c >depend
> analyze.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> analyze.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> keywords.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> parse_clause.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> parse_expr.c:24: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> parse_func.c:32: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> parse_oper.c:25: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> parser.c:22: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> scan.l:30: parser/parse.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [depend] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend/parser'
> make[2]: *** [parser/parse.h] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src/backend'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory /home/postgres/pgsql/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> And so on.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Michael

Re: Cannot compile

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 10:24:30AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd suggest a full "make distclean" and reconfigure.  Looks like you

I did. And I did it more than just once but to no avail.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Re: Cannot compile

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:29:16PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> It might be that `make depend' is broken in one way or another. What you
> want to do is rm `find . -name depend` and then ./configure
> --enable-depend. Or you could try to rerun make depend then. I have a
> feeling what is causing this but it's too weird to explain but I'll try to
> look at it. ;-)

That was the solution. It's compiling right now. I never tried this because
I thought make distclean would remove the depend files as well.

Anyway thanks a lot.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Re: Cannot compile

От
"Karl F. Larsen"
Дата:
When you use 'make distclean' make is under control of the
Makefile and does exactly what the code writer wants, which usually is to
rm all .o files.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:29:16PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > It might be that `make depend' is broken in one way or another. What you
> > want to do is rm `find . -name depend` and then ./configure
> > --enable-depend. Or you could try to rerun make depend then. I have a
> > feeling what is causing this but it's too weird to explain but I'll try to
> > look at it. ;-)
>
> That was the solution. It's compiling right now. I never tried this because
> I thought make distclean would remove the depend files as well.
>
> Anyway thanks a lot.
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Meskes