Обсуждение: finding lib/include dirs

finding lib/include dirs

От
"Timothy H. Keitt"
Дата:
I maintain an R package that allows one to access postgresql tables from
within R.  (If anyone is curious, the url is
http://rpgsql.sourceforge.net.)  I've found it really difficult to write
an automated configure script that will find the postgresql library and
include files, because different packagers put them in different
places.  I'd like to make a request.  It would be convenient if there
were a small utility distributed with postgresql that would report the
location of the library and include directories a la gnome-config.  All
that is needed is a small script with autoconf substitutions for the
library and include paths.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis

Re: finding lib/include dirs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Timothy H. Keitt writes:

> It would be convenient if there were a small utility distributed with
> postgresql that would report the location of the library and include
> directories a la gnome-config.

I'm not familiar with gnome-config. Do you mean like this:

$ sh pg-config.sh
pg_includedir=/usr/local/pgsql/include
pg_libdir=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

How would you find that script? Would you expect it in in the path?

We could also provide an Autoconf macro a la AC_PATH_X (perhaps as a
wrapper around pg-config.sh).