Обсуждение: Re: ODBC patch

Re: ODBC patch

От
Kovacs Zoltan
Дата:
On Sat, 20 May 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I modified the current ODBC driver for
> > * referential integrity error reporting,
> > * SELECT in transactions and
> > * disabling autocommit.
> > I tested these changes with Borland C++ Builder -> ODBCExpress ->
> > WinODBC driver (DLL) -> Postgres 7.0beta1 and Borland C++ Builder -> BDE ->
> > WinODBC driver (DLL) -> Postgres 7.0beta1. The patch is based on snapshot of
> > 22th April (I don't think that someone has modified it since that: Byron
> > hasn't gave any sign of living for about a month and I didn't find any
> > comments about the ODBC driver on the list).
> We are starting to think about organizing additional ODBC testing for
> 7.0.1. istm that your patches would help existing functionality, and
> not damage (or change for the worse) current behavior.
Yes, sure. I know that this code (which was sent to Thomas) needs further
check. Have you had time to think about it?

Regards,
Zoltan                        Kov\'acs, Zolt\'an                        kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu
             http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol
ftp://pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu/home/kovacsz

Re: ODBC patch

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > > I modified the current ODBC driver for
> > > * referential integrity error reporting,
> > > * SELECT in transactions and
> > > * disabling autocommit.
> > We are starting to think about organizing additional ODBC testing
> Yes, sure. I know that this code (which was sent to Thomas) needs
> further check. Have you had time to think about it?

Sorry to ask this: can you please re-re-send the patch to me? I've
upgraded my machine and at the moment my backup disk is unreadable :(

re-TIA
                    - Thomas

Re: Re: ODBC patch

Дата:
Did we ever get this patch applied?

> > > We are starting to think about organizing additional ODBC testing
> > Yes, sure. I know that this code (which was sent to Thomas) needs
> > further check. Have you had time to think about it?
>
> Sorry to ask this: can you please re-re-send the patch to me? I've
> upgraded my machine and at the moment my backup disk is unreadable :(
>
> re-TIA
>
>                      - Thomas

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Re: ODBC patch

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Did we ever get this patch applied?

No. Zoltan has re-re-sent it to me, and I am planning on looking at it
and testing here.
                     - Thomas

Re: Re: ODBC patch

Дата:
Can I ask about the status of this?

> > > We are starting to think about organizing additional ODBC testing
> > Yes, sure. I know that this code (which was sent to Thomas) needs
> > further check. Have you had time to think about it?
>
> Sorry to ask this: can you please re-re-send the patch to me? I've
> upgraded my machine and at the moment my backup disk is unreadable :(
>
> re-TIA
>
>                      - Thomas

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Re: ODBC patch

От
Kovacs Zoltan
Дата:
> Can I ask about the status of this?

> > > Yes, sure. I know that this code (which was sent to Thomas) needs
> > > further check. Have you had time to think about it?
> >
> > Sorry to ask this: can you please re-re-send the patch to me? I've
> > upgraded my machine and at the moment my backup disk is unreadable :(
> >
> > re-TIA
> >
> >                      - Thomas

Unfortunately no new state yet. I received another patch from Max Khon,
its aim was similar. It worked mostly, but my one seemed better for a
certain test. My patch works well at our place with Borland C++ Builder 4.

I don't think the ODBC driver has any future. It's frozen.  Our next
application also will not contain any ODBC, we think about using JDBC
instead. :-(