Обсуждение: problems with TEMP table (6.5.3)

problems with TEMP table (6.5.3)

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
I have a problem with 6.5.3 and TEMP table inside transaction.

test=> begin;
BEGIN
test=> create temp table tempid (id int, level int);
CREATE
test=> \q

Postgres process doesn't stopped. The same happens if I
use rollback before ending transaction.

test=> \d
Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!
test=> begin;
BEGIN
test=> create temp table tempid (id int, level int);
CREATE
test=> insert into tempid ( id, level ) values (1 ,1);
INSERT 332330 1
test=> rollback;
ABORT
test=> end;
NOTICE:  EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state
END
test=> \q

zen:~/app/pgsql$ psql test
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: test

test=> vacuum;
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
ERROR:  cannot write block 0 of pg_temp.8928.0 [test] blind
test=>

I checked 7.0 from cvs and it looks better.

Also, I see a lot of opened files when doing
select/inserts into temp table inside transaction
(temp table was created before transaction). So,
if I do a lot of selects/inserts I easily reach file description limit.

Do I miss here ?
Regards,
    Oleg

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [HACKERS] problems with TEMP table (6.5.3)

> I have a problem with 6.5.3 and TEMP table inside transaction.
>
> test=> vacuum;
> NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> ERROR:  cannot write block 0 of pg_temp.8928.0 [test] blind
> test=>

Yes, there were some problems with temp tables and transaction scoping
that we could not fix in 6.5.*.  Those are all addressed in 7.0.

> I checked 7.0 from cvs and it looks better.
>
> Also, I see a lot of opened files when doing
> select/inserts into temp table inside transaction
> (temp table was created before transaction). So,
> if I do a lot of selects/inserts I easily reach file description limit.
>
> Do I miss here ?

File descriptors are kept open as a cache.  They will be closed as not
needed.

Pennsylvania19026