Обсуждение: INDEX_MAX_KEYS = 16 ... it works, too

INDEX_MAX_KEYS = 16 ... it works, too

Дата:
At least it passes regress tests --- haven't tried making an index
with more than 8 keys yet.

I just committed config.h.in with default settings of
INDEX_MAX_KEYS = FUNC_MAX_ARGS = 16.  This forces initdb!
        regards, tom lane

Re: INDEX_MAX_KEYS = 16 ... it works, too

Дата:
BTW, I have done quick-and-dirty tests of indexes with up to 16 keys
and SQL functions with up to 16 arguments, and both seem to work.
Did not try plpgsql or pltcl functions --- perhaps someone who's
handier than I am with those languages can check them.

I also committed a patch to ensure that index declarations with
more than INDEX_MAX_KEYS will be rejected; this oversight was
noted by Hiroshi a while ago.
        regards, tom lane