Обсуждение: Hierarchical query?

Hierarchical query?

От
Kaare Rasmussen
Дата:
I may have missed some discussions, but I want to know if there are any
plans on implementing something like the hierarchical query that Oracle
has?

You know, this would greatly simplify the task of writing the accounting
system I'm planning :-)

Re: [HACKERS] Hierarchical query?

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> I may have missed some discussions, but I want to know if there are any
> plans on implementing something like the hierarchical query that Oracle
> has?

It should be in the TODO under some weird name derived from SQL3 docs ;)

> You know, this would greatly simplify the task of writing the accounting
> system I'm planning :-)

One more general approach would be to enable functions to return rowsets
like ordinary selects do, then it would be easy to write a function for
the above.

Currently it can be implemented using a function and temp tables, but it
gets a bit convoluted .

-------
Hannu