Обсуждение: Curiosity on deferred/delayed balancing btrees

Curiosity on deferred/delayed balancing btrees

От
Colin McCormack
Дата:
Hi,

This is idle curiosity, I was looking through some papers I found on deferred
balancing of btrees, with the idea of implementing it (for coldstore.)

The idea is that you only need to lock a couple of pages for update, and you
come back later to rebalance the tree.

Someone suggested postgresql already does this.  Is it so?  If so, would
someone give me a quick precis on the subject?

Colin.

Re: [HACKERS] Curiosity on deferred/delayed balancing btrees

Дата:
> Hi,
>
> This is idle curiosity, I was looking through some papers I found on deferred
> balancing of btrees, with the idea of implementing it (for coldstore.)
>
> The idea is that you only need to lock a couple of pages for update, and you
> come back later to rebalance the tree.
>
> Someone suggested postgresql already does this.  Is it so?  If so, would
> someone give me a quick precis on the subject?

I think we do.  We have nbtree, whatever that is.

Pennsylvania19026