Обсуждение: v6.5 Release Date ...

v6.5 Release Date ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>     June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.

So we have lots of time to add new stuff!  :)   (quit hitting me)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> >     June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.
>
> So we have lots of time to add new stuff!  :)   (quit hitting me)

What?  There aren't enough bugs being found as it is? *searches for
baseball bat* *grin*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>    June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.

    The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with
    the rewrite system.

    It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost
    somehow.   And  while  at  it I saw some out of range varno's
    generated for rules group by entries.

    I really hope to find the bugs until June  1st,  but  if  not
    this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

Дата:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> >    June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.
>
>     The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with
>     the rewrite system.
>
>     It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost
>     somehow.   And  while  at  it I saw some out of range varno's
>     generated for rules group by entries.
>
>     I really hope to find the bugs until June  1st,  but  if  not
>     this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

No bug reports, no show stopper.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] v6.5 Release Date ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> >    June 1st.  Plan'd release date for v6.5.
>
>     The latest discussions on rules discovered some problems with
>     the rewrite system.
>
>     It seems that varlevelsup in rule actions subselects get lost
>     somehow.   And  while  at  it I saw some out of range varno's
>     generated for rules group by entries.
>
>     I really hope to find the bugs until June  1st,  but  if  not
>     this is IMHO a show stopper - no?

As things stand now, we have about 30 days until release...if you find
that, as time draws close, you need a few more days, let us know and we'll
postpone it.  I'd like to avoid postponing it *too* much, since we are
already doing so by about a month, but if a few extra days will make the
difference for you, so be it...

As long as ppl don't start throwing in *new* code instead of just fixing
*existing* code, I'm not so 'prickish' about the release date.  Its when
we get show-stoppers resulting from new code that gets me :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org