Обсуждение: [Fwd: [HACKERS] typeidTypeRelid Error]

[Fwd: [HACKERS] typeidTypeRelid Error]

От
JP Rosevear
Дата:
Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

-JP
I have checked the bakc archives and can find several references to the
following error, but know fixes.

OS: Linux (kernel v2.2.2)
Distro: YellowDogLinux (Red Hat based)
Arch: PowerPC (not a G3)
PG: 6.4.2

The error is that any operation having to do with oid type's results in an
error, ie:

createdb test
destroydb test
ERROR:   typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
ERROR:   typeidTupeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

Same thing if I load psql and do a \d <tablename>.  I can create databases
and tables and such however.

Ideas?  pg 6.3.x worked on linux ppc platforms previously, but the newer
distros might be using the new glibc.  Would this make a difference?

-JP

unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Subject changed.

> Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?

I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
have never seen problems you mentioned.
---
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
JP Rosevear
Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Subject changed.
>
> > Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> > and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> > support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> > it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.
>
> What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
> use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
> an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?
>
> I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
> or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
> have never seen problems you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply.  I'm using apache 1.3.6 (DSO), PHP 3.0.6 and PG
6.4.2.  I was able to successfully run apache/php/pg under LinuxPPC R4 and
haven't had any probs under i386  Linux distros, however I have tried the
YDL and R5 rpms (as well as compiling from tarballs) and run in to this
error every time on YDL.  I think its related to the other problems but I'm

not sure.  The error message is "Unknown symbol lo_unlink".  It might be
helpful if you let me know the options you pass to the configure script,
then I could try with those options.

TIA
-JP

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> > > Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> > > and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> > > support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> > > it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.
> >
> > What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
> > use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
> > an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?
> >
> > I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
> > or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
> > have never seen problems you mentioned.
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I'm using apache 1.3.6 (DSO), PHP 3.0.6 and PG
> 6.4.2.  I was able to successfully run apache/php/pg under LinuxPPC R4 and
> haven't had any probs under i386  Linux distros, however I have tried the
> YDL and R5 rpms (as well as compiling from tarballs) and run in to this
> error every time on YDL.  I think its related to the other problems but I'm
>
> not sure.  The error message is "Unknown symbol lo_unlink".  It might be
> helpful if you let me know the options you pass to the configure script,
> then I could try with those options.

PostgreSQL:    configure --with-mb=EUC_JP
Apache:        OPTIM="-O2" /configure --enable-module=so
php:        configure --with-pgsql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.6 --enable-track-vars
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

I also use LinuxPPC R4. So I guess there's something special with YDL
and R5, not with your builds. (BTW, what is YDL?) I'm going to try R5
after official R5 is released.
---
Tatsuo Ishii