Обсуждение: A small Password Manager server for PGSQL

A small Password Manager server for PGSQL

От
Peter Blazso
Дата:
Hi all,

I just finished with a little password manager workaround for Postgres
and I'd like to tell you to use it. Comments are welcome! I hope I could
do something with this user authentication and password altering misery.

Here is the URL where you can download it from:
http://westerlike.bay.u-szeged.hu/members/waiter/pwman/index.html

Thanks in advance and regards,
Peter Blazso

NUMERIC and Perl

От
Kaare Rasmussen
Дата:
How will the new numeric type appear in Perl? Will it be a string or
what?

Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC and Perl

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> How will the new numeric type appear in Perl? Will it be a string or
> what?

    Should  be  a string - or is Perl capable of handling numbers
    with hundreds of digits before and after  the  decimal  point
    (ALL SIGNIFICANT)?

    AFAIK,  only  tools  like  bc(1) or when using some arbitrary
    precision packages from inside an application (where  numbers
    are usually handled as strings for I/O) can operate correctly
    on such precise things.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC and Perl

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
>     Should  be  a string - or is Perl capable of handling numbers
>     with hundreds of digits before and after  the  decimal  point
>     (ALL SIGNIFICANT)?

golem> perl -e '{printf("%30.18f\n", 1234567890.2345678901234567890)}'1234567890.234567880630493164

Looks like not, unless I'm forgetting a feature...
                  - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC and Perl

От
Kaare Rasmussen
Дата:
> Looks like not, unless I'm forgetting a feature...

That's why I asked. So I hope it will be compatible with Perl's
Math-BigInteger module.

Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC and Perl

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> > Looks like not, unless I'm forgetting a feature...
>
> That's why I asked. So I hope it will be compatible with Perl's
> Math-BigInteger module.

    NUMERIC isn't INTEGER data!

    Well  -  you can define an attribute as NUMERIC(33,0) and all
    values assigned to that column will be rounded to the closest
    integer   (an   integer  that  can  hold  values  up  to  999
    quintillions exactly).  But as soon as  you  do  calculations
    with  other  values that have fractions, there will a decimal
    point and digits after that appear in the result. Don't  know
    how  Perl  might  respond to it.  Maybe you need to round the
    result explicitly on calculations.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC and Perl

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> > > Looks like not, unless I'm forgetting a feature...
> > That's why I asked. So I hope it will be compatible with Perl's
> > Math-BigInteger module.
>     NUMERIC isn't INTEGER data!

Oh, btw numeric() seems to work great on my Linux/libc5 box. The last
time I reported that it had troubles...
                    - Tom