Обсуждение: Linux: semaphores: How?

Linux: semaphores: How?

От
Terry Mackintosh
Дата:
Hi all

I'm now building up a new server, Red Hat 5.2 with updates and the new
2.2.2 kernel.

I may have missed it, but do not recall seeing any thing about semaphores
in the "make menuconfig", is it call some thing else? or is it N/A for
Linux? or did I just not see it?

I would like to build a kernel that can handle the future as I want to go
for a year of uptime (had 6months+ twice now.)

Thanks and have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>               http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner                  I'm excited about life! How about YOU!?
Professional Web Hosting and site design to include programming
Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Only if you know where you're going can you get there.

Re: [HACKERS] Linux: semaphores: How?

От
Oleg Broytmann
Дата:
Hi!

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Terry Mackintosh wrote:
> I'm now building up a new server, Red Hat 5.2 with updates and the new
> 2.2.2 kernel.
>
> I may have missed it, but do not recall seeing any thing about semaphores
> in the "make menuconfig", is it call some thing else? or is it N/A for
> Linux? or did I just not see it?
  It is "System V IPC".

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

RE: [HACKERS] Linux: semaphores: How?

От
"Daryl W. Dunbar"
Дата:
The defaults for RH5.2 (from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sem.h:

#define SEMMNI  128             /* ?  max # of semaphore identifiers
*/
#define SEMMSL  32              /* <= 512 max num of semaphores per
id */
#define SEMMNS  (SEMMNI*SEMMSL) /* ? max # of semaphores in system
*/
#define SEMOPM  32              /* ~ 100 max num of ops per semop
call */
#define SEMVMX  32767           /* semaphore maximum value */

Which means the default max semaphores is 128*32 = 4096, I don't
think you'll have a problem. :)

DwD

Inherit View

От