Обсуждение: AW: [HACKERS] Embedded SQL question

AW: [HACKERS] Embedded SQL question

От
Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Дата:
> On my todo list I found two missing commands:> > exec sql free

free is the opposite to prepare, a statement stays prepared until free is
called.
This will release all associated resources. In my Informix manual it sais,
that
it will not affect an already declared cursor on this statement.

exec sql prepare d_id from :stmt;
exec sql free d_id;
> exec sql alloc

All I find for this is:
exec sql allocate descriptor :descname [with max :colmax];
allocates memory for a system descriptor area  (sqlca) for a maximum ofcolmax columns (default 100) for use with a
describestatement.

Andreas

Re: [HACKERS] Embedded SQL question

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 10:14:26AM +0100, Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 wrote:

> free is the opposite to prepare, a statement stays prepared until free is
> called.
> This will release all associated resources. In my Informix manual it sais,
> that
> it will not affect an already declared cursor on this statement.
>
> exec sql prepare d_id from :stmt;
> exec sql free d_id;

Oh, that's easy. :-) I already have it with the standard syntax 'exec sql
deallocate prepare'.

>     > exec sql alloc
>
> All I find for this is:
> exec sql allocate descriptor :descname [with max :colmax];
> allocates memory for a system descriptor area  (sqlca) for a maximum of
>     colmax columns (default 100) for use with a describe statement.

Guess this has to wait some more.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!