Обсуждение: Optimizer problems

Optimizer problems

Дата:
I am fixing p_ordering(now called path_order) to properly display in
outNode/readNode and friends.

This structure is never output during debug runs.  Without the display,
it is hard to see if the optimizer is doing what it should.

My suspicion is that RelOptInfo is retaining many duplicate pathlist
Path's that have duplicate/useless PathOrder/key combinations, causing
optimization of large queries to be very slow.

I'll keep going.

Is it me, or have things gotten very busy in the last week on the
hackers list, with tons of new features coming in?

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Optimizer problems

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Is it me, or have things gotten very busy in the last week on the
> hackers list, with tons of new features coming in?

    As   usual  the  number  of  FEATURES  submitted  is  reverse
    proportional to the time left until FEATURE FREEZE :-)

    I think the next time we  should  avoid  this  by  discussing
    about  to  start  BETA on [CORE] instead of [HACKERS] (just a
    joke - don't panic folks).

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] Optimizer problems

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Is it me, or have things gotten very busy in the last week on the
> > hackers list, with tons of new features coming in?
>
>     As   usual  the  number  of  FEATURES  submitted  is  reverse
>     proportional to the time left until FEATURE FREEZE :-)
>
>     I think the next time we  should  avoid  this  by  discussing
>     about  to  start  BETA on [CORE] instead of [HACKERS] (just a
>     joke - don't panic folks).

What?  We should announce beta from the housetops just after every
release.  Who knows how many new features we could get.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026