Обсуждение: RE: Commercial support, was Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?

RE: Commercial support, was Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?

От
Dan Gowin
Дата:
Jan,My company Rakekniven provides professional support
packages for our business line of PostgreSQL servers. But
this is in addition to our servers that we build and test
by hand. In other words, the servers that we warranty
have been thoroughly tested (a generation behind) and are
a combination of hardware/software that we feel comfortable
with. Needless to say we spell out in detail, in the
maintenance contract, what the limitations of the software
are and what actions we are willing to provide to the
customer, including, replacing the server.But you must also remember that all software companies,
including Microsoft, warrant only the media the software
comes on and take absolutely no responsibility for the
use (damage) that may arise from using the software. Take
a look at one of your professional software licenses and
read it. You will find that according to these licenses
that most commercial software is no better than shareware
(License wise).
That's why, in the licenses, you see these big clauses
that say this software is not suitable for use in Nuclear
Power reactor's, etc... As an example, read one of IBM's
Mainframe License's, IBM only guaranties that the hardware
is free from all major defect's, without defining what those
defect's are. And IBM reserved the right to replace that
hardware at there discretion.

D. Gowin