Обсуждение: NS32K regression test

NS32K regression test

От
Jon Buller
Дата:
I did a CVS update tuesday night, built it yesterday, and ran the
regression test today...  Here are the results of running
"grep failed" on regress.out:

destroydb: database destroy failed on regression.
float8 .. failed
   It appears that there is some confusion whether 1e200 is an   overflow or underflow here.  Something to check in
libcis my   guess.  I also got errors with 10e-400 and -10e-400 underflowing.

datetime .. failed
   Here I get my same old problem of:  (There are others, but I suspect   they all have the same root cause.)
QUERY:SELECT ('now'::datetime - 'current'::datetime) AS "ZeroSecs";   ! ZeroSecs                        !
-----------------------------  ! @ 428 days 7 hours 8 secs ago

horology .. failed
   I suspect the same stuff that makes datetime fail is making   this fail too...

inet .. failed      This seems to be caused by:   + ERROR:  type name lookup of cidr failed   I did a gmake distclean,
configure,gmake, gmake install, initdb,   cd test/regress, gmake all, gmake runtest.  Did I miss something?   Is the
betadifferent from the CVS version I got (Tuesday night)?

sanity_check .. failed
   This one looks pretty serious, but perhaps it's not:     QUERY: VACUUM;   ! pqReadData() -- backend closed the
channelunexpectedly.   !       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before   or while processing the
request.  ! We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing   is impossible.  Terminating.

misc .. failed
   The results of this query are reversed:
     QUERY: SELECT unique1 FROM onek2 WHERE unique1 < 2;
   And inet_tbl is missing from another query.  (Only looking at   the 3 line diff context doesn't tell me much, but I
suspect  that it's the same error that caused the inet tests to fail.)

There you have it, NetBSD-current/pc532 (from about a month ago)
with Tuesday night's CVS update of PostgreSQL is not quite ready
for prime time.  It's pretty close though.  If someone wants to
log into my machine and take a whack at it, I'll try to set something
up.  Otherwise, I'll have to wait a week or two before I can touch
it.

I don't think I have the ability to submit any diffs this late in
the beta cycle safely anyway.  Besides I have a big part of a
homework assignment to do before Monday, and the prof scheduled
a midterm the same day he wants to collect the homework. 8-( (Too
bad I can't quit my job for a year and finish this degree work all
at once.)

Jon Buller

Re: [HACKERS] NS32K regression test

Дата:
Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com> writes:
> I did a CVS update tuesday night, built it yesterday, and ran the
> regression test today...  Here are the results of running
> "grep failed" on regress.out:
> [ lots of problems, including ]
>     This seems to be caused by:
>     + ERROR:  type name lookup of cidr failed

I think you must have been unlucky enough to get an inconsistent
fileset.  That's always a risk when grabbing stuff directly from the
CVS repository --- if someone else is checking in updates at the same
time, you might get some old files and some new.

If you have time, please do another update and run another full
rebuild from the current fileset.  We fixed a couple of problems
since Tuesday anyway.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] NS32K regression test

От
Jon Buller
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> I think you must have been unlucky enough to get an inconsistent
> fileset.  That's always a risk when grabbing stuff directly from the
> CVS repository --- if someone else is checking in updates at the same
> time, you might get some old files and some new.

Hmm.  Probably for the inet bug, that one suprised me a bit.  I'm
not too sure my libc and libm deal with the corner cases of IEEE-754
double precision yet, so I wasn't suprised by those.  And I was
expecting the datetime stuff to fail, since it did a few months
ago, and I haven't figured out what's going on there yet, and a
lack of debugging time hasn't helped.

> If you have time, please do another update and run another full
> rebuild from the current fileset.  We fixed a couple of problems
> since Tuesday anyway.

Just finished the update, going to start the build now...  The nice
thing about all this is major portions of it can be done without
any intervention, and it's not too hard to spare a few minutes
every few hours.

I'll let you all know how it this one works out too.  I'm not
expecting much more than the inet problems to go away, and maybe
that backwards select since I saw those messages about every operator
under the sun not wor... 8-)

Jon