Обсуждение: libpgtcl and Tcl 8.0

libpgtcl and Tcl 8.0

От
Horak Daniel
Дата:
Hello,

I have problem with compiling of libpgtcl in current snapshot of PGSQL.
I think, there is a problem with compatibility of Tcl versions 7.x and
8.x.

system=Linux 2.0.35, RedHat 5.1, Tcl 8.0.2

following items are from notes in Tcl 8.0
- Tcl_CreateFileHandler and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler now take Unix fd's and
are only supported on the Unix platform.

- The C APIs for creating channel drivers have changed as part
of the new notifier implementation. The Tcl_File interfaces have
been removed. Tcl_GetChannelFile has been replaced with
Tcl_GetChannelHandle. Tcl_MakeFileChannel now takes
a platform-specific file handle.

libpgtcl uses Tcl_File interfaces when compiling with Tcl >= 7.6. Simply
reversing the condition doesn't help.

Is anybody working on this problem? Or must we use Tcl 7.6?

                Thank you
                    Dan Horak

Re: [HACKERS] libpgtcl and Tcl 8.0

Дата:
Horak Daniel <horak@mmp.plzen-city.cz> writes:
> following items are from notes in Tcl 8.0
> - The C APIs for creating channel drivers have changed as part

Again?  Sheesh.

> Is anybody working on this problem? Or must we use Tcl 7.6?

I'm not going to do anything about it in the immediate future.
Do you want to submit patches?  Please do not break the Tcl 7.6 support.

            regards, tom lane