Обсуждение: Problem with CVS access to current sources

Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de
Дата:
Dear PostgreSQL gurus,

first of all, many thanks to everyone involved in writing and
enhancing PostgreSQL! It has grown enourmously during the last
months and is a most impressive system.

Sorry if this has been dealt with, but in the last few days,
I have not been able to access to PostgreSQL anonymous cvs server.

The command

  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co -P pgsql

returns

  Fatal error, aborting.
  : no such user

(it's called from a script and has worked flawlessly for quite a while
before; I have not noted any change in the description of CVS access
at the WWW site...). Repeating the cvs login did not change the result
of the checkout call...

I'd very much appreciate any hint on what error I might make ...

Best regards,

Ernst

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

Дата:
ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de writes:
> The command
>   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co -P pgsql
> returns
>   Fatal error, aborting.
>   : no such user

Yeah, the cvs server at postgresql.org has been broken for a couple days
now.  I'm seeing the same and some other people have complained as well.

Marc, are you awake?

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de writes:
> > The command
> >   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co -P pgsql
> > returns
> >   Fatal error, aborting.
> >   : no such user
>
> Yeah, the cvs server at postgresql.org has been broken for a couple days
> now.  I'm seeing the same and some other people have complained as well.
>
> Marc, are you awake?

Try it now...I just tried it using anon-cvs from home, and it appears to
work...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Try it now...I just tried it using anon-cvs from home, and it appears to
> work...

Yup, anon cvs is working for me again.  Thanks.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
Oleg Bartunov
> > Try it now...I just tried it using anon-cvs from home, and it appears to
> > work...
>
> Yup, anon cvs is working for me again.  Thanks.
>
>             regards, tom lane

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de writes:
> > > The command
> > >   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot co -P pgsql
> > > returns
> > >   Fatal error, aborting.
> > >   : no such user
> >
> > Yeah, the cvs server at postgresql.org has been broken for a couple days
> > now.  I'm seeing the same and some other people have complained as well.
> >
> > Marc, are you awake?
>
> Try it now...I just tried it using anon-cvs from home, and it appears to
> work...

Well, CVS is now working here now, but I'm still getting:

ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"

when running initdb. Heres some more details (from --debug):

> creating bootstrap relation
bootstrap relation created ok
> Commit End
tuple 1242<Inserting value: 'boolin'
Typ == NULL, typeindex = 3 idx = 0
boolin End InsertValue
Inserting value: '11'
Typ == NULL, typeindex = 10 idx = 1
11 End InsertValue
Inserting value: 'f'
Typ == NULL, typeindex = 10 idx = 2
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

Дата:
> On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > Yeah, the cvs server at postgresql.org has been broken for a couple days
> > > now.  I'm seeing the same and some other people have complained as well.
> > >
> > > Marc, are you awake?
> >
> > Try it now...I just tried it using anon-cvs from home, and it appears to
> > work...
>
> Well, CVS is now working here now, but I'm still getting:
>
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "f": can't parse "f"
>
> when running initdb. Heres some more details (from --debug):

It is because there are two copies of initdb in initdb.sh.  Someone
reported the problem, but no one fixed it.

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

> It is because there are two copies of initdb in initdb.sh.  Someone
> reported the problem, but no one fixed it.

I have fixed this in the current CVS tree.

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> It is because there are two copies of initdb in initdb.sh.  Someone
> reported the problem, but no one fixed it.

    Fixed...:(

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > It is because there are two copies of initdb in initdb.sh.  Someone
> > reported the problem, but no one fixed it.
> >

> I have fixed this in the current CVS tree.

    Oops...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Hmm,
>
> I tried (never had cvs access):
>
> mira:~/cvs$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot
> mira:~/cvs$ cvs login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@postgresql.org)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: incorrect password

    What did you use for password?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > It is because there are two copies of initdb in initdb.sh.  Someone
> > reported the problem, but no one fixed it.
> >

> I have fixed this in the current CVS tree.

Thanks.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [HACKERS] Problem with CVS access to current sources

От
ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de
Дата:
Hi Marc,

thank you very much, CVS works like a charm again...

Best regards,

Ernst