Обсуждение: Constraints in PostgreSQL

Constraints in PostgreSQL

От
David Maclean
Дата:
Will the primary, foreign and check constraints be fully implemented in
the 6.4 release. As of 6.3.2 only primary keys in the table create are
implemented. The alter table statement lacks these.

Is there someone that is implementing this and when.

Cheers
David

Re: [HACKERS] Constraints in PostgreSQL

От
Vadim Mikheev
Дата:
David Maclean wrote:

> Will the primary, foreign and check constraints be fully implemented in
> the 6.4 release. As of 6.3.2 only primary keys in the table create are
> implemented. The alter table statement lacks these.
>
> Is there someone that is implementing this and when.

I have some hope that low-level locking (LLL) could be implemented
in 6.4 and so FOREIGN should be postponed...
I'll post more words about LLL & 6.4 in the next week -:)

As for PRIMARY & CHECK in ALTER TABLE - this would be nice
to have them but no one does it, AFAIK.

Vadim