Обсуждение: I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
touched...

acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted
acctng=> \q
> pstat -s
Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
/dev/sd0s1b    256000        0   255872     0%    Interleaved
> psql
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: acctng

acctng=> select count(start_time) from radhist_old;
 count
------
295850
(1 row)

acctng=>

Re: [HACKERS] I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

От
Vadim Mikheev
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
> touched...
>
> acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
> FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted

Size of radhist_old file ?
I'll try to reproduce...

Vadim

Re: [HACKERS] I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
> > touched...
> >
> > acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
> > FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted
>
> Size of radhist_old file ?
> I'll try to reproduce...

palos> ls -lt radhist_old
-rw-------  1 pgsql  wheel  40198144 Jun 23 13:11 radhist_old

~300 000 tuples ...

Re: [HACKERS] I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

> The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
> touched...
>

> acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
> FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted

Try this before starting postmaster:

    :
    ulimit -d 65536 2>/dev/null
    ulimit -c 0 2>/dev/null
    limit datasize 64m 2>/dev/null
    limit cordumpsize 0 2>/dev/null

Some proc limit is being exceeded.

> acctng=> \q
> > pstat -s
> Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
> /dev/sd0s1b    256000        0   255872     0%    Interleaved
> > psql
> Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
>   Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
>
>    type \? for help on slash commands
>    type \q to quit
>    type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>  You are currently connected to the database: acctng
>
> acctng=> select count(start_time) from radhist_old;
>  count
> ------
> 295850
> (1 row)
>
> acctng=>

Re: [HACKERS] I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
> > touched...
> >

> > acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
> > FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted
>
> Try this before starting postmaster:
>
>     :
>     ulimit -d 65536 2>/dev/null
>     ulimit -c 0 2>/dev/null
>     limit datasize 64m 2>/dev/null
>     limit cordumpsize 0 2>/dev/null
>
> Some proc limit is being exceeded.

    Just an FYI...this did fix it.  Should we update the FAQ with
this, or was it already there and I couldn't find it? :(

> > acctng=> \q
> > > pstat -s
> > Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
> > /dev/sd0s1b    256000        0   255872     0%    Interleaved
> > > psql
> > Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
> >   Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
> >
> >    type \? for help on slash commands
> >    type \q to quit
> >    type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
> >  You are currently connected to the database: acctng
> >
> > acctng=> select count(start_time) from radhist_old;
> >  count
> > ------
> > 295850
> > (1 row)
> >
> > acctng=>
> >

> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us              |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 353-9879(w)
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  (610) 853-3000(h)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] I thought we had fixed this for v6.3.2 ...?

> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > > The machine has 128Meg of RAM, 256Meg of SWAP, and SWAP isn't even being
> > > touched...
> > >

> > > acctng=> insert into radhist select * from radhist_old;
> > > FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted
> >
> > Try this before starting postmaster:
> >
> >     :
> >     ulimit -d 65536 2>/dev/null
> >     ulimit -c 0 2>/dev/null
> >     limit datasize 64m 2>/dev/null
> >     limit cordumpsize 0 2>/dev/null
> >
> > Some proc limit is being exceeded.
>
>     Just an FYI...this did fix it.  Should we update the FAQ with
> this, or was it already there and I couldn't find it? :(

Added to the FAQ.