Обсуждение: non-functional update notice unneccesarily

non-functional update notice unneccesarily

От
Brett McCormickS
Дата:
update mempayment set paywho = 'icvproxy' from do_addpayment where dappays
eq = payseqid;
NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed
UPDATE 31

more than one update was indeed performed..
I beleive this has happened to me before..

Re: [HACKERS] non-functional update notice unneccesarily

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> update mempayment set paywho = 'icvproxy' from do_addpayment where dappays
> eq = payseqid;
> NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed
> UPDATE 31
>
> more than one update was indeed performed..

This is a confusing message, but I think it means that the
parser/planner/optimizer decided to simplify your over-specified or
redundant query. Don't know enough details about your tables and query
to know for sure in this case, but you can see examples of this in the
regression test suite.

                    - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] non-functional update notice unneccesarily

> update mempayment set paywho = 'icvproxy' from do_addpayment where dappays
> eq = payseqid;
> NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed
> UPDATE 31
>
> more than one update was indeed performed..
> I beleive this has happened to me before..

Vadim has said to remove the message, and I have done so.  The
surrounding code in heapam.c is unchanged, just the elog(NOTICE) is
commented out.

Re: [HACKERS] non-functional update notice unneccesarily

От
Brett McCormick
Дата:
There are times when the message is appropriate, I believe.  But this
is not one of them.  Are all instances of this message gone, or just
this one?

On Mon, 15 June 1998, at 22:51:13, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > update mempayment set paywho = 'icvproxy' from do_addpayment where dappays
> > eq = payseqid;
> > NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed
> > UPDATE 31
> >
> > more than one update was indeed performed..
> > I beleive this has happened to me before..
> >

> Vadim has said to remove the message, and I have done so.  The
> surrounding code in heapam.c is unchanged, just the elog(NOTICE) is
> commented out.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us              |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 353-9879(w)
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  (610) 853-3000(h)

Re: [HACKERS] non-functional update notice unneccesarily

> There are times when the message is appropriate, I believe.  But this
> is not one of them.  Are all instances of this message gone, or just
> this one?
>
> On Mon, 15 June 1998, at 22:51:13, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > update mempayment set paywho = 'icvproxy' from do_addpayment where dappays
> > > eq = payseqid;
> > > NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed
> > > UPDATE 31
> > >
> > > more than one update was indeed performed..
> > > I beleive this has happened to me before..
> > >

> > Vadim has said to remove the message, and I have done so.  The
> > surrounding code in heapam.c is unchanged, just the elog(NOTICE) is
> > commented out.

All instances are gone.