Обсуждение: ODBC & LGPL license...

ODBC & LGPL license...

От
The Hermit Hacker

Hi...

    Well, since this has all sort of died off, and since I'd like to
get some resolution on it.

    Does anyone here *understand* the LGPL?  If we put the ODBC
drivers *under* src/interfaces, does that risk contaminating the rest of
the code *in any way*?  Anyone here done a reasonably thorough study of
the LGPL and can comment on it?

RE: [HACKERS] ODBC & LGPL license...

От
"Brian E. Gallew"
Дата:

Re: [HACKERS] ODBC & LGPL license...

От
"Kent S. Gordon"
Дата:

    > Hi...

    >     Well, since this has all sort of died off, and since I'd like
    > to get some resolution on it.

    >     Does anyone here *understand* the LGPL?  If we put the ODBC
    > drivers *under* src/interfaces, does that risk contaminating the
    > rest of the code *in any way*?  Anyone here done a reasonably
    > thorough study of the LGPL and can comment on it?

Why not put the LGPL libraries in a separate area from the rest of the
code (src/lgpl?).  This would make the libraries covered by the
aggregation clause (part of section 2 says -- In addition, mere
aggregation of another work not based on the Library with the Library
(or with a work based on the Library) on a volume of a storage or
distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of
this License.).  I think this clearly states that it would not risk
contaminating any of the other code.

I would consider sending mail to GNU (gnu@gnu.org) to get any
additional clarification needed.

Kent S. Gordon