Обсуждение: error initializing the db

error initializing the db

От
Jennyfer Sanchez
Дата:
Hi,

I was able to install postgresql but I got an error after putting the command /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ to initialize the database. The error that I am getting is
FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions
STATEMENT:  CREATE TRIGGER pg_sync_pg_database   AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON

pg_database   FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE flatfile_update_trigger();

child process exited with exit code 1
Do you know what should I do to fix this?

Sincerely,
Jennyfer

Re: error initializing the db

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 09/01/2016 01:22 PM, Jennyfer Sanchez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to install postgresql but I got an error after putting the
> command |/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb||-D ||/usr/local/pgsql/data/ to
> initialize the database. The error that I am getting is|
>
> |FATAL:wrong number ofindexexpressions
> STATEMENT:CREATETRIGGERpg_sync_pg_database AFTER
> INSERTORUPDATEORDELETEONpg_database FOREACH STATEMENT
> EXECUTEPROCEDUREflatfile_update_trigger();|
>
> |child process exited withexitcode 1|
> |Do you know what should I do to fix this? |

Some background information is needed:

1) How and from where did you install Postgres?

2) What version of Postgres?

3) What OS are you installing on?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: error initializing the db

Дата:
Jennyfer Sanchez <jjsanchez@mail.usf.edu> writes:
> I was able to install postgresql but I got an error after putting the
> command /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ to initialize
> the database. The error that I am getting is

> FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions
> STATEMENT:  CREATE TRIGGER pg_sync_pg_database   AFTER INSERT OR
> UPDATE OR DELETE ON
> pg_database   FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE flatfile_update_trigger();

That looks suspiciously like this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20150120161817.GO1663%40alvh.no-ip.org#20150120161817.GO1663@alvh.no-ip.org

which would suggest that you're trying to build some fairly old PG version
with some fairly new C compiler.  Whether that's actually the case, well,
you didn't give enough info to tell.

            regards, tom lane