Обсуждение: Enquiry

Enquiry

От
mohd abdul azeem
Дата:
Hello

This is Mohammed. I am a database developer using postgres as the backend database. i am working on the postgres version 9.3.5 for development purpose.

I have just signed up with the postgres community. i hope this is correct place for getting my queries answered.

I am planning to learn the scalability feature in postgres. found that there is no inbuilt support in postgres.

it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Mohammed Abdul Azeem

Re: Enquiry

От
Andreas Joseph Krogh
Дата:
This is Mohammed. I am a database developer using postgres as the backend database. i am working on the postgres version 9.3.5 for development purpose.

I have just signed up with the postgres community. i hope this is correct place for getting my queries answered.

I am planning to learn the scalability feature in postgres. found that there is no inbuilt support in postgres.

it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Mohammed Abdul Azeem

It would make it easier for us to help you if you asked a specific question.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Re: Enquiry

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
Almost all databases are "scalable". The scalability is based on schema design and hardware architecture. As long as you are careful about table structures and relationships and have sufficient hardware, it should scale nicely.

What does "scalable database" mean?

This is Mohammed. I am a database developer using postgres as the backend database. i am working on the postgres version 9.3.5 for development purpose.

I have just signed up with the postgres community. i hope this is correct place for getting my queries answered.

I am planning to learn the scalability feature in postgres. found that there is no inbuilt support in postgres.

it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Mohammed Abdul Azeem

It would make it easier for us to help you if you asked a specific question.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

--
Melvin Davidson

Re: Enquiry

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 06/29/2016 12:36 AM, mohd abdul azeem wrote:
> Hello
>
> This is Mohammed. I am a database developer using postgres as the
> backend database. i am working on the postgres version 9.3.5 for
> development purpose.

Any particular reason you are using this version instead of the most
recent, 9.5.3  or is this a reversed number issue?

> I have just signed up with the postgres community. i hope this is
> correct place for getting my queries answered.

Yes.

> I am planning to learn the scalability feature in postgres. found that
> there is no inbuilt support in postgres.
>
> it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

See the post from Andreas.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com