Обсуждение: I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)

I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)

От
Yury Zhuravlev
Дата:
Hello all.
I'm working on incremental backup based on tracking of memory pages
(ptrack).
Now project in beta stage. And I did not have many feedbacks for catch
bugs.

I think it is important project for postgres exploitation. This approach
can really speed up incremental backup with small overhead.
This project append patch to postgres core and add new features to
pg_arman.

Small HOWTO and all links I place here:
https://gist.github.com/stalkerg/dda6fed9ca4bd7cc424ad439bac04303

I will be answered here and at github.

Thanks!
--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company

Re: I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 4/22/2016 8:36 AM, Yury Zhuravlev wrote:
> I'm working on incremental backup based on tracking of memory pages
> (ptrack).
> Now project in beta stage. And I did not have many feedbacks for catch
> bugs.

doesn't a wal archive give you pretty much the same thing?

Re: I need testers for incremental backups (similar Oracle)

От
Yury Zhuravlev
Дата:
John R Pierce wrote:
> doesn't a wal archive give you pretty much the same thing?

No, because WAL quickly enough may become larger than the database.
In the WAL can be any number of records that change only one page of
memory.
In addition recover from the WAL too long, because it should be "play" by
Postgres.
In my case pg_arman + ptrack it's almost as simple copy files.

Thanks.