Обсуждение: BDR

BDR

От
Dustin Kempter
Дата:
Hello all, I am attempting to set up BDR between 2 separate nodes. I
have been following the guide and got to here
http://bdr-project.org/docs/0.9.0/quickstart-enabling.html
I am now stuck on this section

"Then you run a function that identifies a BDR group that delineates a
connection string for other nodes to communicate with (for the first
node, we will use port 5598) from the same SQL session as above on port
5598:

     SELECT bdr.bdr_group_create(
       local_node_name := 'node1',
       node_external_dsn := 'port=5598 dbname=bdrdemo'
);"

However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to
simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed. Please help

Thanks in advance!

Re: BDR

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 3/14/2016 2:17 PM, Dustin Kempter wrote:
> However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to
> simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed. Please help

did you get an error?   if so what error, exactly?

Re: BDR

От
Roland van Laar
Дата:
On 14-03-16 22:17, Dustin Kempter wrote:
> Hello all, I am attempting to set up BDR between 2 separate nodes. I
> have been following the guide and got to here
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/0.9.0/quickstart-enabling.html
> I am now stuck on this section
>
> "Then you run a function that identifies a BDR group that delineates a
> connection string for other nodes to communicate with (for the first
> node, we will use port 5598) from the same SQL session as above on
> port 5598:
>
>     SELECT bdr.bdr_group_create(
>       local_node_name := 'node1',
>       node_external_dsn := 'port=5598 dbname=bdrdemo'
> );"
>
> However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to
> simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed.
There are a couple of other factors:
- is postgres running on an external available ip?
- is there a replication user with a password?

Roland

> Please help
>
> Thanks in advance!

Re: BDR

От
James Keener
Дата:
Also, what did you run exactly (sanitized of course).

However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to
simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed. Please help

did you get an error? if so what error, exactly?

Re: BDR

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed. Please help

Review the logs on both hosts to see any errors during setup.

Note that you will need to drop and re-create the database if you need to attempt setup again.

Re: BDR

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 3/14/2016 2:43 PM, Roland van Laar wrote:
>> However my instances are not on the same server and I attempted to
>> simply add a host=(the ip) but that failed.
> There are a couple of other factors:
> - is postgres running on an external available ip?
> - is there a replication user with a password?

3: are the servers configured to allow network connections from each
other?  appropriate authentication settings in pg_hba.conf on both sides?